Formal letter of introduction

Ms. Crystal Rodwell
160 Convent Ave, New York, NY 10031
September 4, 2019

Dear Ms. Crystal Rodwell,

My name is Jun Yan Wei Wu, but you may call me Jun. I am in your English for Engineering 21007 class, we meet at 9:30 am every Monday and Tuesday. To begin with, I was born in China and raised in Venezuela. I lived in China for three years with my grandparents, after that my parents took me out to Venezuela where we settled and lived there until I reached 18 years old. Spanish is the language I am most comfortable speaking. I have been living in the United States for three years almost four years now, before coming to the United States my knowledge of English was just limited to what I learned from high school. It was tough to learn English, I still fear to speak in public and I worry that my pronunciation is not right and could be misunderstood.
My major is currently undecided however, I am interested in engineering, specifically computer or electric engineering. I was thinking to clear my mind and make a decision after I finish this semester. My short-term goal is to finish college and be the first one in my family to accomplish it and my long term is to find a job related to what my college degree then, find an apartment to settle down, start a family, get a pet, earn enough to maintain myself and my family. One of my wishes is to learn English so I can start to run a business, I like to use and learn about technologies especially computers. So, one of my dreams is to get a job related to computers working for a big company to make money. So, accomplishing my short-term goal will be the first step to carry out my dreams.

In the future, everything will be easier, because engineering has made everything easier if we compare our present with our past. I imagine myself in the future where all the cars are driven by AIs. Since right now in our present we have cars that are driven by AI the Tesla which was made by engineers of these times they still have some small issues but that can be solved and turn into a revolutionary invent for the future. One of the problems that we have is the global warming and one of the solutions that engineers started are the electric cars these cars contribute in part to the less amount of CO2 that a normal car produces. Engineers are one of the essential parts for humanity to progress. Thank you for your time and hope you have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Jun Yan Wei Wu